Tuesday, November 17, 2009

3 months+

As part of my recovery process, I decided to take a new job. Yes, I'm still slinging drinks, I just needed a change of venue. Someone who has been a good friend to me over the years called me about a month ago and needed a replacement at the club he manages/co-owns, and after some deliberation with myself, decided it would be a good move for me. It has turned out to be exactly what I needed to get my head back into real life.

I have been sober now for three months and some change, with no slip ups. My Starbucks consumption, however, has increased dramatically :) I even found some non-alcoholic wine so that I'm not completely left out during certain times where wine consumption is absolutely necessary. Ikea also has some great sparkling ciders that I picked up for New Years. I never associated wine and champagne with "drinking", so I thought maybe I would be okay to "exclude" those from my retirement from drinking, I thought it best not to tempt fate and just stay away. I'll never know how it would have turned out, but at least I won't have to chance having to start all over.

Once again, I thank everyone that has been there for me and stuck by my side through my recovery - your support has meant the world to me!

P.S. - You can now find me Friday through Tuesday nights at Fly Lounge in beautiful Midtown DC.


1 comment:

  1. Jon, I didn't know you were doing this. I'm really impressed and support you all the way (especially as someone who has fallen on and off of the wagon a few times) Currently off, but rethinking...
    much love,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete