Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One Month in...

I had my last drink exactly one month ago today.

It's amazing to me how much better I feel. I always felt like "living" was going out and getting crazy with my friends, staying out all night and feeling like crap the next morning. For the first few days it felt kind of weird making such a huge adjustment in my life, but now I'm starting to notice things I never noticed before.

We still go out to dinner, it just costs about half as much. Admittedly, Jen and I are on opposite schedules, so we still see each other about as much, although Sunday funday has taken on a completely different meaning, but I won't get into that here. :) I estimate that I'm saving $1000 a month, maybe even more. We've been able to take care of some things that we kept putting off for a long time. Neither one of us had even done any CLOTHES shopping since...wow, I can't even remember. We took care of that a couple of weeks ago. We're saving money for new living room furniture, we're going to paint our condo, and all of our bills are paid on time with money left for savings. It's definitely a nice change from how it was before.

"Living" has taken on an entirely different meaning for me, and it's really nice.

Today is 09/09/09. From today's Yahoo news, "As the final numeral, the number nine holds special rank. It is associated with forgiveness, compassion and success on the positive side as well as arrogance and self-righteousness on the negative, according to numerologists."

Today I reflect on my new goals in life - forgiveness (of others as well as myself), compassion for others, no matter their situation, and success - not only in this journey, but in life as a whole; and to purge from myself any arrogance and self-righteousness. It should be noted for the record that this blog is not, and has never been meant to sound or appear self-righteous at all. It is merely a place for my thoughts and reflections.

As always, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment